New Year, now what?
This year resolutions may fall flat; after all, who knows what will come next. However, we can continue to focus on being our best selves. But how can we become more specific in our plans and, therefore, in our actions toward self-betterment? This quest is part of our weekly journey here at Maven 101. Besides outlining your values to define your goals, we will continue our holistic approach to self-development day by day, week by week, month by month, which will turn into your routine to become a maven of self. Below is week one in our Weekly Wellness Guide featuring daily actionable and accountable tactics to enhance your life essence.
Each week we highlight a daily call to action. These self-care prompts are followed by supporting journal prompts designed to capture your enlightenment and insightfulness as you complete each task. Then, sign up, and join our monthly check-ins where we share our learnings and Geneén shares some activities for the following month.
Wellness Checkup Community Event
Get your Free Wellness Guide
Start the day with the five-finger breathing method.
Open the palm of one hand; wide.
Now, starting from your pinky-use the pointer finger from your other hand to trace each finger.
Inhale as you trace up and exhale as you trace down the side of each finger.
Once you complete your breathing meditation, WRITE. Starting with your clear mind, allow your writing to guide your thoughts. Be judgment-free. There are no expectations, no agenda; this is a moment to release, expound and expand as your mind connects with your being through the action of writing.
Listen to your favorite song.
- Why do you love this song?
- How does this song make you feel?
- Does this song evoke memories? Write about the memory.
- Make a list of your favorite songs; Note how each makes you feel.
Make playlists of your favorite songs to heal, reflect, or invite joy into your heart.
Well Done Wednesday
Do something that needs to be done.
- How does taking on this project make you feel?
- What did you learn by doing?
- Why do you believe you procrastinated?
- Did You finish? How will you celebrate?
- Do you have more work to do? How can you celebrate your progress?
Think of a time when someone did something kind for you. Remind them how grateful you are for their action.
- How can you pay their good act forward?
Do one kind act.
- Create art based on a fond family memory.
- Share your creation and the supporting memory with your family.
- How did bringing the memory to life make you feel?
- Describe the outcome of your show and tell.
Share this post with your family and friends to activate their daily self-care.